Wednesday, May 18, 2005

God's faithfulness

"As for me, my prayer is to you, O LORD. At an acceptable time, O God, in the abundance of your steadfast love answer me in your saving faithfulness...answer me, O LORD, for your steadfast love is good; according to your abundant mercy, turn to me." (from the 69th Psalm)
In the midst of deep suffering and despair, David found hope with these words. He saw the way other people looked at him and talked of him, calling him a fool; yet he went to the Lord and spoke truth into his heart and mind. God's timing is outside of our understanding. His ways are not ours, and His end is hard for us to consistently believe--but they are what we are made for! We must patiently speak truth into our own hearts, believing the Gospel over and over again. God is abundant in steadfast love and faithfulness, especially when we are not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home