Thursday, May 05, 2005

rebellion

Rebellion is one of the many things our hearts run to instinctively. It is often a companion to selfishness, pride, and fear; an effect or consequence related to them. I easily narrow my view of rebellion to a plotting and pursuit of disobedience. But I rarely see it as plainly as revealed to the Israelites...the lareger picture is that rebellion can only reside where the hope and truth in the Gospel is not being proclaimed. Rebellion is stirred as doubts and fears are promoted and grow. Therefore the only defense is reallyintended to be offense--that we are so busy proclaiming the Word of God by mouth and in action that we have no time or need to rebel. This is our hearts' true desire, the thing we are made for, and may it be so today and tomorrow more than yesterday.

1 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're kickin' my ass. That's all I gots to say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home