Thursday, November 24, 2005

Day of Thanks

I'm thankful for my family, beyond explanation and comprehension.
I'm thankful for this house, and the stories already experienced within these walls.
I'm thankful for time with extended family over this weekend, for the opportunity to feast and fellowship.
I'm thankful for my work, both in making music as well as trying to love people across the ocean more and more.
I'm thankful for our church, which has been part of a revolutionary year for me and our family. Its vision is beyond human reach, yet beautiful to experience in part...as it should be.
I'm thankful for friends, from years past and from yesterday. True community is a journey, and it takes the effort of all to continue along the path...and some forgiveness...and some courage...and patience. They all--and my family--have a part in who I am.
So much more, but that is enough to sit in for a long time. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Beyond comprehension? reeeally??? haha. Hope your turkey was juicy and not dry, and you had a good day of celebration.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home