Wednesday, November 16, 2005

31 and counting

31 today...with a sore shoulder from sleeping on it wrong and weariness from a crazy 3-4 days, I'm definitely feeling older. Wiser? Not sure yet, but I'm definitely learning more and more about life and the world we live in. With less fear. With more hope. With a gaze slightly less on myself--maybe on a good day.

We celebrated with lunch as a family at Sam and Zoe's, a coffee/sandwich joint near our favorites Baja Burrito and Calypso Cafe. I've eaten there many times on studio days, but have been anxious to introduce it to Cari and Sam. I think we're making pizza for dinner, and Cari made some genuine ice cream sandwiches (with real cookies, from a Ben and Jerry's recipe) for dessert. My ice cream fix continues to grow with age...

The past few days I've spent a fair amount of time working with Neilson Hubbard and others on some Glen Phillips tunes. Glenn was part of Toad the Wet Sprocket, an influential band to Jars and the music scene overall. He's working on some material toward another record, and I've had the joy of spending a couple of days with him and making some music. Hopefully there will be more in store once these are done.

1 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't wait to hear the new Glen stuff. "Winter Pays For Summer" was so beautiful, it was sad to see his label give up on it after only one single. especially when the hit song was sitting there in plain view ("Cleareyed")

 

Post a Comment

<< Home