Thursday, January 20, 2005

making records

I'm finishing up the last of 3 days in the studio for a project. The songwriter is James Thiele, and we have recorded about 3 songs each day. Some of them fit into rock and some fit into jazzy pop (whatever that means)...somewhat of an assortment overall. Some have stretched me and some play right into my natural instincts. Tomorrow morning I'll be recording bass for my friend Stephen, for a one-song demo he's producing. I think that will be it until the end of the month for sessions.

I'm excited about the weekend ahead, as an opportunity to hang with friends arises thanks to Bobby and Mary's wedding. I've known Bobby since the Belmont days, forming the rhythm section together quite a few times while in school. He's been part of the Jars crew for many years, production manager most recently, which means we've continued to spend a lot of time together since school. I'll be ushering in their wedding, and we have the rehearsal tomorrow and the wedding Saturday afternoon/evening.

Tonight I'm going to watch the Illinois/Iowa basketball game (go Illini), then head down the road to see Sam Shifley play bass with his band, The Golden Sounds. They're playing at the Family Wash, which I haven't been to but have heard rave reviews. I'll let you know my thoughts...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home