Friday, January 07, 2005

garage time

I finished up my portion of recording for Indelible Grace #4 and am happy to be off for a couple of days. We tracked 3 songs a day, some smoothly and some taking a little time to find the right arrangement and performance. I played upright bass on 2 songs on Wednesday, which was both a joy and a challenge for me (since I hadn't played it in 6 months or so).

We started tackling our garage yesterday, which is detached from the house and has played the role of work area and "I don't know--throw it in the garage for now" from the time we moved in. We filled up the old volvo wagon and made a run to the dump for disposal. I think we'll need to make another run today, but we made great headway and are excited to actually create a good use of space in the garage. The car will barely fit in length-wise, and there's a good 3 feet to work with on one side for a work bench, grill storage, and a slot for the mower. It will be wonderful to have easy access to everything now that all the junk and project scraps are gone. At some point I will tear down the "attic", which is at one end with a floor as plumb as a circle...and right now I won't even set foot up there because I'd soon be dropping 8 feet to the ground in the midst of who knows what!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home