Thursday, January 27, 2005

fillings

I wish I were referencing something spiritual, or the contents of a pie, but instead today's subject is of the tooth variety. Perhaps there are some out there that have been graced with healthy teeth...I have not. This morning I had the joy of hanging out with my dentist and his assistant as they numbed the top and bottom of one side of my mouth (and my tongue a little) and excavated cavities. I mentioned to him, "It must be nice to know that most of your patients are not happy to see you." I guess I was speaking for myself, too. But there are those (and I've been there too) who are excited to see the dentist because the pain is overwhelming, and whatever it takes in the long term is ok by them. Thankfully I haven't been in those shoes too often.

I could also reference this week with the title of this entry...we have been so busy this week. Just when we think a break is coming, something comes up and fills the time slot. And it has all been enjoyable. Even a birthday party the other night at a karaoke club--yes, a karaoke club--did something for the spirits. Perhaps is was the boldness and the courage represented, or just the opportunity to read some of the silly song lyrics and see some terrible videos as songs from the past 20-30 years rolled by. Or maybe it was the ice cream cake.

I have been blessed with some great opportunities to connect with people in Nashville over the past few weeks. Some are friends of old, and some I've just met. Either way, I have been encouraged and found some refreshing joy along the way. This is a result of some extended time at home, which has reminded me just how busy the past couple of years have been.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home