Tuesday, March 15, 2005

You are patient

My thanks to you for still checking in even though I've not posted in a week! Sorry for my negligence...the last week has been a blur, but still I wish I had written during that time. I worked with my friend Rick Puncochar at a house he's remodeling down the road from us. He loves to do the work that he enjoys while hiring out specific areas (plumbing, electrical, etc.), and I've been his "cut man" and sidekick, helping repair the floor boards, hang dry wall, and so forth. It is a joy to work with him and have our thinking breaks, where one of us brings up something we're thinking about or struggling with and we discuss it. That may sound cerebral or silly, but in reality it has been a great source of joy and unity. I'll be working with him the rest of this week as well, hanging some new windows and working more in the kitchen area.

Yesterday and today I've been working with Mitch Dane on another project of his. I played electric bass on a few songs, but most of it has been on the upright...a joy and a challenge at the same time! I'm thankful that I've been able to pick it up after months and still feel comfortable on it. I just wish I could buy one! I've had gracious friends who've allowed me to use their basses, but one day I hope to own one and not have to worry about the differences in each bass.

If any of you receive the 850 newsletter from Relevant, be sure to read my article on tolerance and love. I'm checking to see if it will be on their website anytime soon. I'll try to post it here tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home