Thursday, May 24, 2007

integration, delight, and renewal

In Genesis God reveals the establishment of His Kingdom. It is one that contains Integration, Delight and Renewal. These are not pipe dreams or goofy notions, but rather where we are headed in part on earth and in full when Christ returns.

Integration sets right the brokenness that pervades since the fall of mankind in the garden. It once again sets in motion the purity and unity of words and action, deeds and decrees.

Delight reminds that God created and recreates with the intent of goodness and freedom. So often I am bound by the laws I put on myself and my perception of how to please God. I often lose sight of God's delight in me, as well as my freedom to delight in and enjoy what is good in His creation. Instead I am enslaved to trying to be perfect in words and thought, or acts of penance to try to regain some sort of perfect status.

Renewal is the source of hope for the believer. God is the God of renewal, and He brings His promises to fruition and loves us perfectly and faithfully.

There are 2 keys to seeing Integration, Delight, and Renewal brought to reality on earth. First, the PEACE of Christ must rule our hearts. We must rest in His promises and find contentment in calling. This true peace brings freedom, and overflows into the lives of other people beautifully.

The other critical factor is the WORD of Christ dwelling in us richly. What a beautiful image, that the Almighty God would choose to live in us and do so gloriously. He does this through His Word, which should be on our hearts, taught diligently to children, spoken about and brought to life when at home, at work, waking up and while preparing for sleep. And it is His Spirit that transforms us through His Word and brings peace.

May God transform my heart and our hearts so that this becomes reality more and more. For His sake and the sake of His kingdom and glory.

And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. (Col. 3:15-17)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

EACE OF CHRIST
About 3 years ago I dropped into a black hole – four months of absolute terror. I wanted to end my life, but somehow [Holy Spirit], I reached out to a friend who took me to hospital. I had three visits [hospital] in four months – I actually thought I was in hell. I imagine I was going through some sort of metamorphosis [mental, physical & spiritual]. I had been seeing a therapist [1994] on a regular basis, up until this point in time. I actually thought I would be locked away – but the hospital staff was very supportive [I had no control over my process]. I was released from hospital 16th September 1994, but my fear, pain & shame had only subsided a little. I remember this particular morning waking up [home] & my process would start up again [fear, pain, & shame]. No one could help me, not even my therapist [I was terrified]. I asked Jesus Christ to have mercy on me & forgive me my sins. Slowly, all my fear has dissipated & I believe Jesus delivered me from my “psychological prison.” I am a practicing Catholic & the Holy Spirit is my friend & strength; every day since then has been a joy & blessing. I deserve to go to hell for the life I have led, but Jesus through His sacrifice on the cross, delivered me from my inequities. John 3: 8, John 15: 26, are verses I can relate to, organically. He’s a real person who is with me all the time. I have so much joy & peace in my life, today, after a childhood spent in orphanages [England & Australia]. God LOVES me so much. Fear, pain, & shame, are no longer my constant companions. I just wanted to share my experience with you [Luke 8: 16 – 17].

Peace Be With You
Micky

 

Post a Comment

<< Home