Friday, July 15, 2005

delight

"Thus says the LORD, "Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the LORD." Jer. 9:23-24

The wise, mighty, and rich cannot stand on their own merit...neither can the poor, the weak, the uneducated. There is great encouragement in these words for a believer, for it announces the end of living for the "self." Instead, God is the sole focus, and everything is made complete in Him. My greatest work is to find my source and hope in the One True God. In Him all is made right and reconciliation takes place. In Him wounds are healed and love overflows perfectly.

But let us not miss God's emotion in this: delight. It is not just a job, not a hassle for Him; It is His joy, peace and pleasure; His desire for the glory of His kingdom.

1 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Aaron for your thoughts. I was encouraged. Seeing your name as one of the composers for Trouble is... caused me to do a google search on your name, and that led me to your blog. Now your in my favorites.
Thanks again,
Cristi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home